Maple Village Waldorf School strives to ensure the safety and health of the children in our school.  We require parents to follow all state laws regarding immunization.  The State of California School Attendance Law requires that all children entering school comply with the Department of Health regulations summarized below.  California School Immunization Record forms are required and completed for children entering Kindergarten and 7th grade, and for new students in all other grades. California School Immunization Law also requires that schools submit annual immunization reports to the state.

Required immunizations include:

  • Polio
  • DTP or DtaP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis)
  • MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
  • Hib (preschool only)
  • Hep B
  • Varicella (chicken pox)

Requirements vary depending on the age and grade of the entering student.  Additionally, all students entering the first grade are required to complete the Report of Health Examination for School Entry and all students entering the 7th grade are required to have and submit documentation of a Tdap booster.  For more information on required vaccines, please visit California Department of Public Health/Shots for School. 

Maple Village Waldorf School complies with all California vaccination and reporting laws and encourages parents to make informed vaccination decisions in partnership with their family health care provider.  Employees of the school do not give medical advice.

In the case of an outbreak of an infectious disease, we follow the direction of the Long Beach Health Department in determining and taking the necessary steps.  These may include requiring any non-immunized children and adults to remain away from school for a prescribed period of time, until the local health officer is satisfied that the person is no longer at risk of developing the disease.

Medical Exemptions

Starting January 1, 2021, medical exemptions can only be issued through the California Immunization Registry – Medical Exemption website (CAIR-ME) by physicians licensed in California.  Please talk to your child’s health care provider for more information.

For more detailed information on exemptions, visit

Grads Attend College