UPDATED as of 6/4/20
- Our campus is closed while distance learning continues until the end of the school year on June 11, 2020.
- As we all know, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve with new and unfolding information. All California schools await the state’s guidelines for re-opening campuses for the new 2020-2021 school year.
- We are staying on top of news from the state, county and city daily and waiting for more clear guidance for schools.
- We are planning for in-person learning in the Fall.
- If you are hearing information about LBUSD, know that we do not necessarily need to follow in LBUSD’s footsteps as they have a much larger population and need to handle situations that differ from ours. We are smaller, more flexible, and more nimble.
- We have a task-force committee of ten dedicated members, each professionals in their own field, who will help to guide the re-opening of our campus. The fields of these committee members include: medicine, infection prevention, education, project management, architecture/space planning, environmental health, and research.
- Our Faculty, Board and Administration continue to be on Waldorf Association calls with schools all over the country who are paving the way.
- We are considering all areas on our campus, as well as nearby green spaces for instruction next year.
- We will be sending out surveys to all of our Grades and Early Childhood families to learn about your personal experience this spring as well as your interests, concerns and hopes for next year.
Looking to VISIT our school?
We are holding virtual Walk-Throughs via Zoom. Check out our schedule for times and invitations. If you have more questions, please email email@example.com.
You can also check out our social media pages for a sense of our campus, community, pedagogy, and values.
Looking to ENROLL your child?
All registration is available online via TADS. Interviews are also held online via Zoom while gathering is prohibited.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Looking to DONATE to our school?
Often the remedy to our overwhelming feelings of helplessness is to take action to help others in need. An Emergency Fund has been set up to help defray the costs of deferred tuition for families experiencing hardship due to COVID-19.
To donate and to learn more, please visit our GoFundMe page. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
We know it is no small thing. If your family is experiencing financial strain due to COVID-19, please email BoardOfTrustees@maplevillageschool.org to receive the protocol to apply for assistance.
Given the complex and rapidly evolving situation, we encourage you to visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), California State Department of Health, and Long Beach Health and Human Services for the most detailed and up to date information on COVID-19. You can also follow updates, tips and notices on the Long Beach City’s social media pages @LongBeachCity and @LBHealthDept and by following hashtag #COVID19LongBeach.
COVID-19 INFO LINE
- Long Beach Health and Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- California Department of Public Health