MVWS is a progressive suburban school housed in a historical church building in the quiet neighborhood of Belmont Heights. Our relationship with Long Beach Parks and Recreation allows us to utilize four parks within walking distance for partial school days. Our school was recently one of six private schools in the country to be named a U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School for environmental sustainability, health and wellness, and STEM. We are located minutes from the beach, 1.5 hours to the desert, 2 hours to the mountains, and 30 minutes from a Waldorf high school. We have a diverse population, and we are focused on equitability and inclusion for people of all religions, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and gender identities/expressions. Our Village has a lot of heart, strong parent participation, and is centered on families, community, parent education, collaboration, and mutual respect.
MVWS is an Associate Member of AWSNA and a Developing Member of WECAN.
Our school is finishing its 12th year and programs include Parent/Baby, Parent/Toddler, 2 Preschools, 2 Kindergartens, and Grades 1 – 8. We have an experienced faculty, strong peer mentoring program, and together we study, listen, counsel, laugh, eat, and celebrate.
We are currently seeking the following positions for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Grades Class Teacher
- Early Childhood Lead Teacher
- Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
- Eurythmy Teacher
To apply, please submit a job application, cover letter, and resume to:
- Pedagogical Positions: Lisa J. McCarthy at Lisa.McCarthy@maplevillageschool.org
- Administration Positions: Pam Villano at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After completing the online application, please “Save As” and change the name of the document using your name in the title, then attach it to your email.